Festive desserts usually scream ‘weight gain and endless pain and regret later.. I promise you won’t go through any of this with this warm and delicately flavoured version of the Apple Pineapple Crumble, that is just perfect to end your Christmas meal!
Ingredients for the filling
- 2 cups pineapple diced
- 2 cups apples diced with skin
- 6 dates, pitted and chopped into small pieces
- ¾ cup blended apple/ pineapple
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
Ingredients for the topping
- 1 ¼ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- 6 dates, pitted and chopped
- ¼ cup dried/ flaked coconut (optional)
- 2 tbsp water
- In a bowl, combine all the filling ingredients and toss well. Pour into an 8 by 8 inch pan.
- Place all topping ingredients in a food processor and pulse briefly till the ingredients are blended (you don’t want the oats to break down too much).
- Spread this over the filling evenly and press down slightly.
- Bake at 190 degrees C for about 30 minutes or until the top is slightly browned. Let it sit for 10 minutes before serving.