Why did the tofu cross the road?
To prove he wasn’t chicken
On a serious note, if you are looking to up your protein intake, tofu is one of the cleanest sources available.
It is versatile and can lend itself to the flavours it is spiced with, plus can mimic the texture of paneer or egg!
Don’t believe me? Then give this quick and easy Tofu Bhurjee recipe a try this weekend!
P.S. – Always source organic GMO free tofu.
How to make Tofu Bhurji – Click to watch the video !
- 1 slab firm tofu
- 1 spring onion
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped capsicum and peppers
- Green chillies finely chopped to taste
- ¼ cup cashew cream
- Rock salt to taste
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- (Optional) 1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 4 Whole Wheat or Gluten Free Chapatis
- Coconut milk (for brushing)
- Dry roast onion.
- When translucent add the peppers, green chilly, spring onion turmeric and salt.
- Crumble the tofu and mix it well with cashew cream.
- Add it to the onion. Cook for about 3-4 minutes. Serve hot.
- This can also be done as a salad when done without cooking.
- Place the tofu scramble in the centre of the chapati and roll it into a wrap. Now brush the chapati with coconut milk and crisp it on a hot tawa.
Serve with green chutney
Watch the video here – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS5XidpiicU