Have you ever tried cooking raw jackfruit? Its texture is so meaty, its unbelievable. Works perfectly as a chicken replacement. Go ahead try this spicy, tangy curry and let me know how your family liked it.
- 150 gm raw jackfruit chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 2 small steamed potatoes ( with peel)
- 2 tbsp peanut oil 10-12 curry leaves
- 5 kashmiri red chillies ( whole)
- 1 tsp shahi Zeera
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 pureed onions
- ½ tsp garam masala
- Lemon juice and chopped coriander
- Salt, pepper and to taste
- Sauté the onion puree in oil till brown. Add ginger garlic paste and let it cook. In another wok dry roast curry leaves, kashmiri chillies and shahi zeera. Add these to the roasted onions.
- Coat the jackfruit pieces with salt and garam masala and steam them for 10 minutes. Add them to the gravy and let them cook for 5 min. Add water if needed.
- Add the potatoes and lemon juice. Mix well. Garnish with whole coriander.