A super rich source of calcium, iron and protein, this simple porridge is more than just a comfort food. A great food for weaning babies, mothers, athletes and anyone looking to build bone health alike.
- 4 tbsp finger millet flour (Mandua, ragi or nachni)
- 2 tbsp date paste (more if you like it sweeter)
- 1 tsp grated ginger / or cinnamon
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp finely grated coconut
- Raisins to sprinkle (soaked)
- Roast the flour in pan for a few minutes. Slowly add a bit of water at a time stirring continuously so that no lumps are formed and it mixes well. You will need approx ½ -1 cup of water.
- Add date paste and ginger and turn off the flame. Add coconut milk and add the grated coconut and mix well. Sprinkle the raisins on top. Serve hot.